Monday 26 March 2007

What A Drama !

Yes, what a drama it has been! They say that cricket is a game of uncertainty. And how true it has been for Bangladesh !
I was confident all along that we would win.But commentators and pundits were being cautious.(nothing wrong with that; infact its alwys good to be cautious and should alwys give the opposition due respect )
Also the Bermuda boys gave us good run for the money.They did their best and certainly did not hand it over to us on a plate.It was an entertaining match. I did not watch it live as I was working . But I have watched the highlights and I found it entertaining.
I say drama because of the day's incidents ( i.e. rain interruptions) First it was delayed. Then it was going to be max. 31 overs; then 25, then 21 and so on. One could even be forgiven for thinking wheteher there was going to be any play at all in that match.
Anyway, the main thing is that we are through to the next stage.That itself is an achievement.
For the first time in the history of world cup, Bangladesh has managed to proceed to the second round.There should be a lot of interesting matches now.
I believe we should beat Ireland atleast.If we play well, we should also go close against England and west indies.
What do you think?
Until next time - Bye.

No comments: